- Exceptional at turning business needs into process and application deliverables.
- Skilled technical writer for user support, policy, and process documentation.
- Creates eloquent and focused communications.
- Excellent problem solver who identifies effective solutions to difficult challenges.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of an organization, from end users to the C-Suite.
KDW Consulting Services
November 2017 – Present
Freelance consultant offering a wide range of services to help small businesses and nonprofits operate more efficiently.
- Application Consulting: Research, Implementation, Upgrades, Migrations
- Technical Writing: Process, Policy, User Guides, Standard Operating Procedures
- Process Development & Improvement
- Social Media Management
Client Project Samples
- Implementing business systems for travel startup to manage business, sales, social media, and support business growth.
- Social Media Management of Facebook, Instagram, Nextdoor, Google My Business, and more. Including content creation, posting, and engagement.
- Nonprofit donor management systems implementation, data migration, web form development, and training, including custom user guide for system
- Major policy and standard operating procedure update for large non-profit organization in order to meet government program requirements.
- Formatted, standardized, and edited course textbook for educational use at the university level.
- Researching software options for operational needs, providing detailed recommendations report, and guiding implementation.
Project Management & Application Specialist Consultant (Remote)
Connor & Connor Associates
Sep 2012 – June 2018
- Consultant to Fortune 500 Corporation to upgrade vendor-provided SaaS Occupational Health and Safety records software (Occupational Health Manager (OHM)). Responsibilities included, but are not limited to: project management, communications, risk analysis, equipment interfaces, user acceptance testing (designing and performing), and demographic interface mapping.
- Developed processes to improve end user data entry, align processes across clinics/sites, reduce errors, ensure compliance, and enhance reporting abilities.
- Served as subject matter expert on application, including table design and management, system settings, security roles, application user issues, data mapping, process development, and appropriate management of historical data.
- Provided comprehensive training for client system administrator on application, including: ticket prioritization and resolution, application upgrades, managing settings and security, and change management.
- Provided continued support post-upgrade for additional version upgrades, guidance on application decisions, technical expertise and research, and troubleshooting.
- Created extensive user support manual customized to client business process that captured all user processes in the OHM application.
Business Analyst (Mar 2007 – Feb 2012) | Disability Coordinator (Aug 2003 – Mar 2007)
- Promoted to Business Analyst based on outstanding reputation and exemplary work.
- Business Line Project Lead for the implementation of Occupational Health & Safety records application.
- Led cross-functional team of analysts, RNs, and APRNs to develop application processes for all staff.
- Represented Occupational Health & Wellness (OHW) on Corporate Medgate Governance team, working closely with business line leaders in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, and Business Technology.
- Implementation and management of Medgate application:
- Launched application to 13 sites simultaneously across the US, PR, UK, and Ireland.
- Determined appropriate system settings, security profiles, table values, and user views.
- Developed and delivered user training.
- Led and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and identified resolutions to reported issues.
- Launched application to 10 more sites under high-pressure deadline post-company merger, with great success and praise from business leaders.
- Functioned as system administrator Medgate (Medical Module), supporting US, PR, UK, and Ireland sites.
- Authored extensive documentation and communications, both for local and corporate-wide use.
- Established key site and corporate-wide metric reports on short-term disability and occupational health.
- Instrumental in implementation and maintenance of proprietary disability management application, including but not limited to:
- Process development, documentation, and guidance for case managers US corporate-wide.
- User acceptance testing and quality assurance on application performance, and
- Defining reporting requirements.
- Functioned as subject matter expert for business leaders on disability records management and disability regulations, resulting in increased compliance through changes to corporate disability policies at a state and US corporate level.
Connor & Connor Associates at Pfizer
Aug 2000 – Aug 2003
- Evolved role from a basic data-entry position to multi-faceted disability program assistant, leading to the promotion to Disability Coordinator and job offer from client company.
- Recruited for high-visibility projects, including evaluation and implementation of proprietary disability management application.
- Streamlined data entry and disability tracking procedures.
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Studies, with Honors
English Literature and Theater Studies
University of Connecticut (UCONN)
Theatre Studies & Stage Management
Software & Technical Skills
Quick overview of software I have worked with in-depth.
Microsoft Office Suite
Excel – extensive use in large datasets, analysis, and import files.
Gmail/G Suite/Google Drive apps
CloudHQ (Gmail Tools)
Nonprofit Donor Management Software
Little Green Light
Nonprofit Software for Data Migrations
Network for Good
CRMs (Customer Relationship Manager)
Streak (Gmail-integrated system)
Marketing & Automation
Later (including Linkinbio)
Social Media Platforms
Occupational Health & Safety (Medical Records)
Occupational Health Manager (OHM – PureSafety)
A quick rundown of my technical skill set – including, but not limited to:
Data Migration/Import Files
Data Analysis, including large datasets
User Acceptance Testing (Manual) – Design, Lead, and Test
Security Roles and Permissions
Metrics, Reporting, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Conditional Logic Queries and Programming
Front End System Administrator
PC and Mac Operating Systems